Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hello there, and welcome to my new blog about hiking. I'm pretty new to hiking - just about a year and a half - doing day hikes in the Los Angeles area. But I love it, and hope I can interest others in starting to hike.

Now, there are others who know MUCH more about hiking than I do - I read and learn a lot from many sources - but I hope I can appeal to others like me - older, not in the best of shape, looking to get started. I thought about calling the blog "Old and Slow" - but that seemed to negative. And I'm not really old, and not really slow - I just feel that way sometimes when I read about the exploits of others.

Anyway will post as often as I can - I don't expect any readers until I build up some content, obviously. I will post about current hikes, past hikes, and general thoughts about hiking. I will try to figure out a way to post GPS data for my hikes, as well as Google Earth files so you can see the hike info there. I hike alone mostly - more about that later - but I always appreciate finding GPS data so I know where I am going, and what the hike entails. I am not up to too much going-without-knowing-where yet - that's for the future, and much better with someone else, rather than being alone. So hopefully you will find my GPS data useful.

Again, welcome - and enjoy the trip.
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment